Read in the Diaspora on 27 March 2021 (14 Nisan 5781).
Parashat Tzav is the 25th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Shabbat Times Ashdod, Israel
- Fast begins: 04:26 on Thursday, Mar 25
- Ta’anit Bechorot occurs on Thursday, Mar 25
Ta’anit Bechorot 2021 / תַּעֲנִית בְּכוֹרוֹת 5781
Ta’anit Bechorot (Fast of the First Born) for Hebrew Year 5781 ocurrs at dawn on .
Fast of the Firstborn (Hebrew: תענית בכורות, Ta’anit B’khorot or תענית בכורים, Ta’anit B’khorim); is a unique fast day in Judaism which usually falls on the day before Passover. Usually, the fast is broken at a siyum celebration (typically made at the conclusion of the morning services), which, according to prevailing custom, creates an atmosphere of rejoicing that overrides the requirement to continue the fast. Unlike most Jewish fast days, only firstborns are required to fast on the Fast of the Firstborn.
- Fast ends: 18:26 on Thursday, Mar 25
- Candle lighting: 18:38 on Friday, Mar 26
- Shabbat HaGadol (Shabbat before Pesach) for Hebrew Year 5781 begins at sundown on Friday, 26 March 2021 and ends at nightfall on Saturday, 27 March 2021. Shabbat HaGadol (“Great Shabbat” שבת הגדול ) is the Shabbat immediately before Passover.
- Shabbat HaGadol occurs on Saturday, Mar 27
- Erev Pesach occurs on Saturday, Mar 27
- This week’s Torah portion is Parashat Tzav
- Candle lighting: 19:34 on Saturday, Mar 27
- Pesach I occurs on Sunday, Mar 28
- Havdalah: 19:35 on Sunday, Mar 28
- Pesach II (CH”M) occurs on Monday, Mar 29
Tsav | צו | “Command”
Torah: Leviticus 6:1 (6:8) – 8:36
Prophets: Jeremiah 7:21 – 8:3, 9:23(22) – 24(23); Malachi 3:4 – 4:6 (3:24)
Brit Hadasha: Mark 7:31 – 8:37, 12:28-34; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 10:14-23
(Please Review the Scriptures listed below the Photos)
“Torah Portions” are a systematic teaching schedule that includes a portion of scripture from the Torah, Prophets, and Brit Hadasha each week. This schedule is known all over the world, and serves as a great way to facilitate discussion and learning with others in the Body of the Messiah.