Read on 17 July 2021 (8 Av 5781).
Parashat Devarim is the 44th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Shabbat Times H̱olon, Israel
- Candle lighting: 19:29 on Friday, Jul 16
- Shabbat Chazon 2021 / שַׁבָּת חֲזוֹן 5781 Shabbat Chazon (Shabbat before Tish’a B’Av (Shabbat of Prophecy/Shabbat of Vision)) for Hebrew Year 5781 begins at sundown on Friday, 16 July 2021 and ends at nightfall on Saturday, 17 July 2021.
- Shabbat Chazon occurs on Saturday, Jul 17
- Fast begins: 19:47 on Saturday, Jul 17
- Tisha B’Av, the 9th day of the month of Av (July. 29-30, 2020), is the saddest day on the Jewish calendar, on which we fast, deprive ourselves and pray. It is the culmination of the Three Weeks, a period of time during which we mark the destruction of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem. What Happened on 9 …
- Erev Tish’a B’Av occurs on Saturday, Jul 17
- This week’s Torah portion is Parashat Devarim
- Havdalah: 20:28 on Saturday, Jul 17
- Tish’a B’Av occurs on Sunday, Jul 18
- Fast ends: 20:20 on Sunday, Jul 18
Portion (parasha) for this week:
Devarim | דברים | “Words”
Torah: Deuteronomy 1:1 – 3:22
Prophets: Isaiah 1:1-27
Brit Hadasha: Mark 14:1-16; John 15:1-11; Hebrews 3:7 – 4:11; 1 Timothy 3:1-7
(click on a selected reading to be taken directly to it)
“Torah Portions” are a systematic teaching schedule that includes a portion of scripture from the Torah, Prophets, and Brit Hadasha each week. This schedule is known all over the world, and serves as a great way to facilitate discussion and learning with others in the Body of the Messiah.
One thought on “Parashat Devarim /פרשת דְּבָרִים”
This is the beginning of the 5th book of Moses as written in the Tanakh. Any comments or questions. send me an email to email@example.com and ask for Bob.