- Purim Katan occurs on Tuesday, Feb 15
- Purim Katan. According to the Jewish calendar, a second month of Adar is added in a leap year. While Purim is usually celebrated in Adar, during a leap year it is postponed until the second Adar, and we mark Purim Katan—“the small Purim”—in the first month.
- Candle lighting: 17:14 on Friday, Feb 18
- This week’s Torah portion is Parashat Ki Tisa
- Havdalah: 18:10 on Saturday, Feb 19
Portion (parasha) for this week:
Ki Tisa | כי תשא | “When You Take”
Torah: Exodus 30:11 – 34:35
(click on a selected scripture reading below each photo to be taken directly to it)
“Torah Portions” are a systematic teaching schedule that includes a portion of scripture from the Torah, Prophets, and Brit Hadasha each week. This schedule is known all over the world and serves as a great way to facilitate discussion and learning with others in the Body of the Messiah.