Ma‘ale Shomeron, Israel
- Fast begins: 04:37 on Wednesday, Mar 16
Ta’anit Esther / תַּעֲנִית אֶסְתֵּר
Fast of Esther ✡️
Ta’anit Esther for Hebrew Year 5782 occurs at dawn on .
The Fast of Esther (Ta’anit Ester, Hebrew: תַּעֲנִית אֶסְתֵּר) is a Jewish fast from dawn until dusk on Purim eve, commemorating the three-day fast observed by the Jewish people in the story of Purim. If the date of the Fast of Esther falls on Shabbat (Saturday), the fast is instead observed on the preceding Thursday. Like other minor fasts, Ta’anit Esther begins at dawn (first light) and ends at nightfall (full dark).
- Ta’anit Esther occurs on Wednesday, Mar 16
- Fast ends: 18:18 on Wednesday, Mar 16
- Erev Purim occurs on Wednesday, Mar 16
- Purim occurs on Thursday, Mar 17
- Shushan Purim occurs on Friday, Mar 18
- Candle lighting: 17:31 on Friday, Mar 18
- This week’s Torah portion is Parashat Tzav
- Havdalah: 18:27 on Saturday, Mar 19
Portion (parasha) for this week:
Tsav | צו | “Command”
Torah: Leviticus 6:1 (6:8) – 8:36
Prophets: Jeremiah 7:21 – 8:3, 9:23(22) – 24(23); Malachi 3:4 – 4:6 (3:24)
Brit Hadasha: Mark 7:31 – 8:37, 12:28-34; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 10:14-23
(Click on a selected scripture reading below each photo where shown to be taken directly to it)
“Torah Portions” are a systematic teaching schedule that includes a portion of scripture from the Torah, Prophets, and Brit Hadasha each week. This schedule is known all over the world and serves as a great way to facilitate discussion and learning with others in the Body of the Messiah.