31 December 2022 / 7 Tevet 5783
Parashat Vayigash is the 11th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Shabbat Times for Ein Bokek
Ein Bokek, Israel
- Candle lighting: 16:27 on Friday, Dec 30
- This week’s Torah portion is Parashat Vayigash
- Havdalah: 17:26 on Saturday, Dec 31
- Fast begins: 05:21 on Tuesday, Jan 3
- Asara B’Tevet occurs on Tuesday, Jan 3
- Asara B’Tevet 2023 / עֲשָׂרָה בְּטֵבֵת 5783
- Fast commemorating the siege of Jerusalem ✡️
- Asara B’Tevet for Hebrew Year 5783 occurs at dawn on .
- Tenth of Tevet (Hebrew: עשרה בטבת, Asarah BeTevet), the tenth day of the Hebrew month of Tevet, is a minor fast day in Judaism. The fast commemorates the siege of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylonia. Like other minor fasts, Asara B’Tevet begins at dawn (first light) and ends at nightfall (full dark).
- Fast ends: 17:20 on Tuesday, Jan 3
Portion (parasha) for this week:
Vayigash | ויגש | “He Drew Near”
Torah: Genesis 44:18 – 47:27
Prophets: Ezekiel 37:15-28
(Click on a selected reading below each photo to be taken directly to it)
“Torah Portions” are a systematic teaching schedule that includes a portion of scripture from the Torah, Prophets, and Brit Hadasha each week. This schedule is known all over the world and serves as a great way to facilitate discussion and learning with others in the Body of the Messiah.